Swansea has one of the highest child poverty level in Wales, and low-income families and their children face significant barriers to recreation such as:
- socio-economic barriers – the cost of recreation is prohibitive
- organizational barriers – a lack of supportive policies, facilities and financial resources
- communications barriers – information about recreation resources and services doesn’t reach low-income families
- cultural barriers – visible minorities feel uncomfortable and unwelcome
- gender barriers – there is a bias in favour of men, especially in sports
Inactivity, isolation, both social and cultural, is known to both precipitate mental health difficulties, and inhibit recovery. Loneliness has a comparable mortality risk to smoking and drinking alcohol, and is a higher risk for mortality than obesity.
Renew Mind Centre C.I.C. supports individuals and groups from various backgrounds to have social life and reduce isolation, depression, anxiety.
Christian Jean Noel
Christian is the Founder and Director of Renew Mind Centre. He holds a Football Award certificate and C License, and he is in his final year of a Sports Management Degree at Swansea Trinity St. Davids University.
Magda is responsible for our Art and Craft Club as she is a qualified teacher with many years experience as a Head Teacher and Art Crafts and painting instructor. She also has experience teaching foreign languages such as French and Czech.
Myriam is our administrator, she is responsible for the day-to-day general administration of the organisation, assisting the Director and volunteers. Act as the main point of contact for visitors and callers, including reception duties. Provide
general administrative support to the Director.
Renew Mind Centre promotes art, organises sport and physical activities which help improve health and create opportunities to build social connections.
Our mission is to support vulnerable children and their family with sport,art ,physical activity skills, and equip them to live in an inclusive and healthy community.